Thursday, January 9, 2014

Top 10 Quotes from Cooking Classes

After teaching hundreds of cooking classes over the last 12 years, I've heard quite a few interesting words from my students. I keep a small notebook in my office to record the most memorable. I came across the notebook recently and had several laughs reading over them. Here are a few of my favorites.

1.  “Do you have a good recipe for hedgehog stew?”

2.  “The chef is now firing up the big green apple.”

3.  When I was eight months pregnant with my first child, a gentleman in my class said,  “I’m surprised they let you in the kitchen with knives. Aren’t your hormones really up and down?”

4.  “I won’t cook without drinking.”

5.  “I didn’t know hot oil could burn you.”

6.  “I can’t cut up that chicken. It reminds me of a little baby.”

7.  “I need a left-handed skillet, please.”

8.  “I don’t cook because it makes me smell like food. How do you keep your clothes and hair from smelling like food all the time?”

9.  “If you start with cold water, it will come to a boil faster than hot water.”

10. “I don’t want to cook. I just came to eat.”


Copyright 2014 Rebecca Lang Cooks, LLC. 

No comments: